Tuesday, March 27, 2012

hypnotise


The theme of my picture is obscurity. To achieve this, I used an old picture of a man's face, then cut it along the fold lines, and drew in the spaces using the tablet. This gives the picture a feeling of confusion and discomfort.


The picture responds to the folds as half of the folds have the original picture, while the other half are the areas that I drew in to complete the face. As a result, the picture changes depending on the direction from which you are looking.


The shock of red added with the word "hypnotise," as well as the red line through the man's eye and on the back of the paper, add intensity to the otherwise black and white image. For filters, I used the Smart Sharpen and Unsharp Mask filters on the portions I drew, which gave them a grainy appearance, matching the photo portion more closely while still retaining its painted qualities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment